Unlock the secrets of effective MIAMS, specialised training for Family Mediators
Are you a mediator looking to enhance your skills in conducting initial meetings or MIAMs with confidence and purpose? This training course is designed for mediators who would like to gain confidence in conducting initial meetings or MIAMs.
A self-study distance learning course accessed via our online training centre and completed in your own time. Access to the course will be available for 1 month after course enrolment. You will need access to a computer and have a good level of computer literacy. Please ensure you read and agree with our online training centre policy before you book your place.
Cost : £60.00
Duration : This course should take around 2 hours to complete
By the end of the course you will gain :
- Confidence and Clarity : Be more confident in conducting initial meetings or MIAMS, with a clear structure and purpose to the meetings to ensure every MIAM is productive and purposeful.
- Enhanced Techniques : Gain fresh insights into effective communication strategies. Learn about essential topics and questions that can transform your sessions and provide valuable guidance to your clients.
- Understanding Support Needs : Delve deeper into understanding how supported each party feels right now or what support they might need.
Key Training Areas include :
- MIAM standards and structure
- Note-taking in MIAMs and how best to manage this
- Joint meetings – what you need to consider
- Online safety – advantages and disadvantages of online and face-to-face mediation
- Safety and suitability for mediation, including support and signposting
To book this course please complete the booking form at the end of this page.