NFM are recruiting for a passionate and dedicated Training & Development Specialist to work with our training team and lead and direct the learning culture and vision for National Family Mediation (NFM).
For full details see the job spec below. If you would like to apply for this role, please email us your CV.
Job Title : Training & Development Specialist
Location : NFM National Office in Exeter – can be homebased
Reports to : Training Manager & SMT
Salary : £30,000 p.a. (pro rata)
Hours : 15 hours per week
In this role, you’ll be part of the small team that designs, delivers, and tracks our training offerings, focussing on our philosophies and professional practices. NFM is the longest established provider of family mediation in England and Wales and are 40 years old next year. We developed the training for mediators and are very proud of our training offer which is widely recognised as the gold standard of family mediation training today.
We have a reputation to maintain and develop.
You’ll need to have ideas and -training development skills as well as the ability to facilitate training when required. This may include cross-training our instructors or running pilot programmes. You’ll be expected to develop training in multiple learning channels, including online training, virtual training, instructor-led training, and provide training guides for our team of trainers.
This new and exciting role is available to a creative individual who can develop the NFM training offering. The role will ensure NFM Training remains at the highest standard by maintaining content that is up to date and relevant for new and training mediators extending the variety of CPD opportunities for family mediators and finding other opportunities for NFM to deliver its brand of training and skills.
In addition, the ideal candidate for the position of Training & Development Specialist will:
- Have comprehensive training, learning & development experience
- Be an exceptional communicator
- Have created and executed training programmes, completed training needs analysis and have facilitated or delivered training previously
- Be confident with a good sense of fun
Role and responsibilities:
The Training and Development Specialist will;
- Work effectively with the training team and Senior Management Team to identify training and learning needs of the profession.
- Develop engaging online, virtual, instructor-led, and hands-on training content for NFM Mediators
- Continuously assess the quality and relevance of training materials and improve as needed
- Work with the team to create activities and exercises that bring training to life
- Work with the training team to deliver in a timely way and in line with our delivery strategy
- Align development timing and update on progress with the training team and trainers
- Communicate development status and results with training team and SMT and ultimately the Board
- Engage and advise subject matter experts on developing new learning content and maintaining existing support materials
- Pilot and test new courses, and prepare and cross-train trainers on the content
- Keep track of new templates and styles to implement and keep documentation up to date
- Find new markets for delivery of NFM training
To follow all NFM’s policies and procedures.
To assist with other tasks as reasonably requested by the organisation, including assisting the national office staff with other projects as relevant and necessary.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (including presentation skills)
- Experience of developing training materials
- Excellent level of IT skills
- Excellent written, analytical and organisational skills
- Experience of implementing business development
- Experience of managing a project from inception to delivery
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience of report writing and record-keeping
- An understanding of mediation and/or related charities/ agencies working with families
- Appreciation of the market positioning of family mediation generally
- Fund-raising experience
- High levels of integrity
- Enthusiasm and energy
- Commitment to the values of NFM of providing high-quality family mediation services to families in conflict using highly skilled and professionally trained family mediators
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues
- A commitment to Equal Opportunities
- Access to your own transport is an advantage
This post will entail dealing with commercially sensitive material. The successful candidate will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement.