I am a grandparent ... can I apply for residence or contact? - National Family Mediation

find your nearest mediation service

click here to view a full list
How Can We Help?






Parents / Parenting

Child / Teens


How Can We Help?
< Back
You are here:

As a grandparent you will need leave of the court to bring an application for residence or contact unless the child has been living with you for a period of at least three years. The court will look at the connection you have to the child, the type of order you seek and whether there will be any disruption to the child’s life to the extent that harm will be caused.

Read more information for grandparents

Previous What grandparents need to know about mediation
Table of Contents
Still can't find what you're looking for?
0300 4000 636